Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Friend!

Hello all my blogging friends! It is time for another challenge with my CCEE Stamper friends!

One of my favorite new things to create are scaplings so this week's CCEE challenge is to create a scrapling. For those of you who haven't heard of scraplings before you can see a few more on my blog here.

Scraplings are normally 1.25" x 4.25" because they are often made from the off cuts you get when you make a square card (4.25" square) from a piece of card that is 4.25" x 5.5". However if you are like me your scraplings may be a little wider depending on what you are working on at the time.

Now for me 1.25" is way too narrow and I normally have wider card then that left over so you can makes yours wider .... BUT for this challenge they cannot be any wider then 2.5 inches that is for the base of the scrapling ... you can have wider pieces hanging off like I did with my scrapling above, that is up to you .... as long as they are no wider then 2.5 inches.

I used the "Good Friend" stamp set from Stampin' Up to create my scrapling today ... love the bright colors of this designer paper which is also by SU!

Here is the inside of my scrapling!

Recipe:
Stamps: Good Friend - Stampin' Up; Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White; Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss & Good Morning Sunshine DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Pacific Point SU Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Circle Nestabilities; Foam Tape; Copics



11 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute card Frances!! Happy Birthday to you, hope your day is as special as you are!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Jennifer :)

jjcreations said...

This is wonderful. Great use for the scraps.

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet Frances, Happy Early Birthday.

Libby Hickson said...

So cute! Love the colors. And a very happy birthday to you!

Norine said...

so very cute have a great birthday
Hugs
Norine

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Happy Birthday my friend!! HUGS!!
Darling scrapling too...guess I better make one, eh? *grin*

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Frances!! Happy Birthday!!

Jana Weaver said...

This is adorable...might have to make a scrapling myself!!! Very cool!!

Unknown said...

I love your adorable scrapling!
Happy Birthday, my friend!!

Tracey said...

Love this Frances! Gorgeous!!

Vicki G said...

Love this!!! one of these day's i'll get on to making some of these!