Monday, March 2, 2009

Fright for Sore Eyes!

Hi again!

Well you all know that Monday here means that it is time for another challenge with my CCEE Stamper friends. We are also into a new month, March ... wow were does the time go! Anyway as it is a new month we also have a new challenge hostess, which is me this month!

This card is also the start of my MFTeaser's I have to share with you this week. MFT will be releasing 5 new stamps sets this Wednesday 4th March .... I used the new Monsters Ink set to create my card today .... isn't he cute! Never having met any monsters personally I wasn't sure what color to use for him hehe .... but I ended up deciding on blue ... looks like a good color to color a monster don't you think.

Ok so I still haven't told you what the challenge is this week ... sorry for keeping you in suspense! A few week's ago I had to do a tutorial for MFT Stamps on way of using their digital papers ... one of the ideas I had was to use the digital papers by printing on those sticky labels ... you can see the part that relates to labels here .

Anyway this got me thinking about how we used to use these sticky labels to create our cards, which I hadn't done for ages (and I guess still haven't *wink*). So my challenge to my CCEE Stamper friends was to use the sticky labels to create their card .... they could stamp their main image on the labels and have that as the feature of their card .... stamp their background on the labels and use that .... or print digital papers onto them and use that ... or combine all three hehe!

As I had printed out a few different digital papers onto some labels when I did my tutorial and hadn't used them all as yet, I decided to use one of those to create my card for this challenge.

Don't forget to visit our CCEE Stampers blog to see what the rest of the team came up with this week. You are more then welcome to play ..... leave a comment on our group blog so we can check out your cards.

Recipe:
Stamps: Monsters Ink - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Gable Green, Baja Breeze & Blue Bayou - SU; Winter Collection Digi Paper - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Labels; Green Grosgrain Ribbon; Flowers; Circle Nestabilities; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics


4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

okay....now you really have me interested in that digi paper....are there any glitches in using it????

fabulous card....and I think monsters can be any color YOU want them to be.....lol

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH Frances!! This is too cute!! Love the papers and funny image!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Cute Hoots! Love the look of those digi papers printed on the labels!! Fun image and fabulous sketch too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Ackkkkk!! This is just too cute!!