Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pretties Wednesday - The Rule of One!

Hi everyone and welcome to another Pretties Wednesday Challenge. Two weeks ago Jodi Collins challenged the Pretties girls .... the challenge is all about the Rule of One!! One layer, one image stamp, one sentiment and one embellishment!! Tough right???

You're not kidding this was tough!!!!!! I am not a fan of me creating one layer cards ... they look great when other people do them ... they just don't look great when I have to make one. And this is the second one layer card I have had to make in a month ... is someone out to get me arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Now the tough part about this challenge other than it was a one layer card (as if that wasn't bad enough) was that we could only use the one image, the one sentiment and the one embellishment ... which is why my card is very very plan ... if I had a choice I would have added something else to this ... maybe using one of my cuttlebug embossing folders; brads; paper piecing or scoring ... something ... ANYTHING!!!! But as we weren't allowed to I didn't!!!!!

I chose Wade E Bug for my image and the sentiment is also from this set. I figured the best embellishment to use for this challenge would be the ribbon as it covered a wide space.

Here is another card I made for this challenge, this time using flirty fortunes ... I stamped the take out container onto my red card and embossed it. I then colored in the take out container with bleach, which removed the red and left white. For some reason the photo looks blurry here ... I am not sure why it looks perfect in the file I saved it??


Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Pretties girls created for this challenge:
Don't forget that you only have till the 28th February to sign up for the SOTM Club to be able to receive Ballerina Sophia the month before it is released.


Paper Pretties is having a release on the March 1st so that means it is time for another CUTIE PIE CONTEST!!! All you have to do to enter is upload a card you have made using Paper Pretties stamps to the Cutie Pie Contest gallery over at the Paper Pretties website. Entries must be in by no later than 8pmCST on February 28th to be considered for the prize. Besides getting to call yourself a CutiePie, you will also receive all the new stamps that are released on the 1st!! Good luck!!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Wade E Bug & flirty fortunes - Paper Pretties
Paper:
White, Real Red - SU
Other;
Black Ink; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Copics


13 comments:

Tracey said...

Great cards Frances! You did a fabulous job with the one layer!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE them both, Frances! I am especially fond of Wade E. Bug. . .just gorgeous!

Christi Flores said...

I was SO going to do a Wade card and now I'm glad I didn't! This is fantastic!!! I love the takeout one as well. Too cute!!

Cindy Haffner said...

One layer, super job

Unknown said...

Great cards Frances!! I love the red one - very neat idea!! :)

Vicki G said...

This is as cute as a bug in a rug~!

Love them both!!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

I love these Frances! Wade is tooooo cute!

Jana Weaver said...

WOW...these are both fabulous Frances...love the bleach on the takout box!! What an overachiever you are!! :-)

Jackie Pedro said...

Look at you with two cards, Frances!! SHOW OFF!! LOL! Love 'em both!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wonderful CAS cards, Hoots

Jessica Diedrich said...

Super cute, Frances! Wow two of them!!! You rock!

Jodi Collins said...

Well...look at you...not one but TWO rockin' one layer cards! Honestly, is there anything you cannot do perfectly??? These are just wonderful!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous Frances!!