Saturday, February 7, 2009

G.I. Jon Calendar

The challenge over on the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS this week is to create something other than a card. I decided to use the new G.I. Jon Riley to create a calendar.

These are sooo easy to create ... I used an acrylic photo frame. I stamped Riley and attached this to card that I had layered with military designer paper from Kaisercraft. This was then slipped into the photo frame. The calendar was then attached onto the top of the frame so that you can tear off each month as needed.

Here is a side view of my calendar ... you can see that the stand part of the acrylic frame is actually at the top.

Recipe:
Stamps: G.I. Jon - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Chocolate Chips & Always Artichoke - SU; DP - Kaiser
Other: Black Ink; Acrylic Frame; Calendar; Copics



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just darling Frances!! :) What a cute gift!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulous idea Hoots!! This is an awesome manly calendar!! Perfect for a man, or young guy for his desk!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect so cool.

Vicki G said...

I'm lovin' little GI Jon......Love your Calendar!!!!

Sues said...

I love this calendar! Wherever did you get the calendar part? As always, I drool over your creations! Thanks for being so talented!!!

Anonymous said...

This looks great. I would also love to know where to get the little calenders from - cant seem to find them anywhere.