Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Knight in Shining Armour!

Hi everyone ... it is time for another Elzybells challenge .... this week the challenge was to create a card using paper piecing. To see what the other design team members came up with and to see what the next challenge will be check out the Elzybells blog.

I decided it would be fun to paper piece the dragon ... and used this purple spotted designer paper. I guess I was thinking along the lines of that purple people eater ... ok now I have that song spinning in my head LOL!

I used my Janome sew mini to create all the stitching around the edges of my card. I also sponged my white card using milled lavender distress ink.

I thought the sentiment is cute .... I guess the knight is this dragons knight in shining armour LOL ... OK I know I have a weird sense of humor at times LOL!

BTW .... Elizabeth has posted the results to the Elzybell Christmas card competition she ran recently .... go check out the fabulous cards that were entered on her blog here. Congratulations to the winners

Recipe:
Stamps: All by Elzybells
Paper: White; Elegant Eggplant - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Milled Lavender Distress Ink; Janome Sew Mini, Circle Punches



10 comments:

Catherine said...

he's just the cutest purple dragon :)

Linda Carson said...

Who would have thought to paper piece a dragon??! Very cretive!!

Charlotte said...

How cute! I love the dragon...and that purple paper. :)

Tracey said...

Love this card!!

DeeDee said...

Awwwwww, Frances...what a cute polka dot dragon....I love it!!! HUGS!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Frances tooooooo cute.

Sharon Caudle said...

What a CUTE purple people eater he is!! :) Adorable card Frances!!

Rachel Hope said...

OMG! That little purple polka dot dragon is the Best!

Debi said...

love the card but now I too have that song stuck in my head!

Anonymous said...

I love how you have paper pieced the dragon using that paper, fantastic!