Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This Old Guitar!

This Old Guitar ... don't worry I ain't gonna sing LOL .... but this card does remind me a little of a song that John Denver used to sing ... and actually I am now listening to it while I write this blog post. Oh I miss John Denver!

My card today combines two challenges, firstly it is for this weeks sketch challenge over on SCS. I am not sure what it is this week but a number of sketch challenges seem to be favoring triangles ... not that there is anything wrong with that but it is just interesting that I have made 3 cards this week with triangles when I normally don't make any.

The other challenges is the color challenge over on SCS ... it was a farewell to the SU In Colors as it is only a few days before the new catty is out in the US which means new In Colors for everyone up there. I am not farewelling anything just yet as in Australia these In Colors will remain current until the end of March 2009. But anyway it was fun to play along and I used Blue Bayou & Soft sky.

I used the allegro cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background on my soft sky panel.

Recipe:
Stamps: Guitar Edwin - Magnolia
Paper: White; Soft Sky & Blue Bayou - SU; DP - Crate Paper
Other: Black Ink; Allegro Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Blue Brads; Foam Tape


4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I lkove those colors Frances, they look fab.

Heather "Hev" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather "Hev" said...

I will try again ;)
Eerily before I even read your post I thought it looked like John Denver - oh dont ask I think I am tired.

Lovely card Frances - love the borders - greetings from Adelaide!

Denise Clark said...

Love this image and the way you have showcased him. The colors are wonderful together!

Denise