Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Cupcake challenge or 2

Here is another card I just finished making for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on SCS. This one combines 3 challenges ... 2 of which are DTGD challenges, 2 are Taylor's Challenges & one is a sewing challenge.

All right, all right .... I know that 2 + 2+1 = 5 but in this case believe me it really does make 3 hehe! Ya see first up Taylor is hosting 2 challenges ... one her weekly TECC which she does on her blog Taylored Expressions, and the other one she is hosting is a DTGD challenge which is a cupcake challenge ..... well of course I combined the two right ... how easy was that ;) .

Well that was the easy part .... Julia's DTGD challenge today was to use stitching on our cards ... real stitching ... not that faux stuff which I would have had no problem with ... but real ... we could using a machine or we could sew by hand. Now I am a STAMPER ... not a SEWER ... I had parents who looked after the sewing and I threw my sewing machine out a year or two back when it decided that it would run whether the pressure foot was pressed or not ... scary. I have tried a couple of small sewing machines without much luck so kind of gave up on that idea.

Well today Julia changed all that ... and if her ears were burning ... that was most probably me cursing her hehe (nicely of course)! My DD who lives at home has a sewing machine so I got that out ... but she is out right now so I had to work out how to wind the bobbin, load the cotton and the bobbin let alone sew!!!!!!!!!! Anyway if you like around the edge of my designer paper I used on this card you can see I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Whether I will do it for another long long time who knows, but I did it .... and that was indeed a challenge for me!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cupcake Mouse - Whipper Snapper Stamps; Sentiment - Treehouse Stamps
Paper: White; Cool Caribbean, Purely Pomegranate & Pretty In Pink - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Celery Grosgrain Ribbon; Blue Brads; Sewing Machine; Blue Cotton; Foam Tape


8 comments:

Catherine said...

your card is too cute, way to combine all those challenges. I guess I have to challenge myself to use a sewing machine... nah! LOL! Love yor card and love that mouse.

Denise Clark said...

I love all these colors together. So soft yet bright too! Wonderful card. This layout is great too!

Denise

Unknown said...

Oh Frances you made me laugh, I tell you what you need if you can get them there, that is the Janome mini machine, absolutely fantastic, its not really really mini, a good size but soooooooo easy to use, honestly, you are talking to the sewing machine virgin here, until I broke down and bought the Janome after finding it in Argos, thanks to info from Stamping Caz, I was down to faux stitching, but the Janome is fab and I am loving it, the instructions were super easy to use and hey presto before I knew it it was all loaded and ready to go xx

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

You sewed! Woohoo! I am in awe. Fantastic card.

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee, awesome job Frances, you did good.

Kathryn said...

LOVE your card!
The colors are fabulous and the stamp is too cute!!
Great Job!

Taylor said...

Sooo cute! I love your stitching! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card! I love the colors and that image is too cute!