Monday, June 23, 2008

Best Friends!

As you all probably know by now my CCEE friends and I do a weekly challenge ... once a month we do a supply challenge where one member sends everyone the same supplies and we have to create our card using them. This month was Cindy Haffner's turn and she sent everyone this cute "Friends Furever" set by MFT. Isn't this such an adorable image!!!!

Cindy also told us that we had to use 2 different DP's on our card ... I decided to do a color blocking card using SU's fall flowers DP. I also used the same striped DP to stamp the little girls top and cut that out and attached it over the image on the white card. Oh that reminds me ... the stamps is actually a little boy hugging his dog ... but I wanted to make it a little girl so after I stamped my image onto my white card, I just added a pony tail to the hair and then added a ribbon.

I used the long rectangle nestabilities for the scallop layer ... it was cut smaller so it would fit the image as needed. I stamped the bone onto sahara sand card and then sponged around the edges with soft sky ink. I also added some paper piercing to the top right hand corner of my main image. Check out the dogs collar .... lots of bling!

Don't forget to check out our new CCEE Stampers blog .... where you will find all the other cards my CCEE friends have made. Also starting from this week we are opening up our challenges to include you .... check our blog for more info on this.

Recipe:
Stamps: Friends Furever - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Sahara Sand & Fall Flowers DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Soft Sky SU Ink; Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Blue Brads; Paw Print Brad; Green & Blue Flower; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Green Gems & Foam Tape



7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your color blocking, and so cute that you made her into a girl.
thanks for playing Frances.

Allison Rankin said...

So cute and fun. Love your DP choices esp. in this layout!

Kristi said...

WOW this is very nice....Are those fuzzy brads???
Very very nice....

Anonymous said...

great idea for changing a boy image to a girl. Annie

Holly Young said...

This is just a darling card. I love how you made the child a girl! Very creative!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Renee said...

This card is really cute! I like your color combo...it's just perfect for this card :)

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love your color and DP choices. Awesome layout!