Friday, April 4, 2008

Meet Frances Owl!


Hi everyone ....... some of you might remember a few weeks ago when I posted the news that High Hopes Stamps had named their new owl stamp after me .... they called it "Frances Owl". Of course I was very excited about this .... who wouldn't be having someone name a stamp after them! Well I received my stamps the other night and just had to play with my name sake owl ... isn't she just soooooooooo cute .... I just love it!

This week's tutorial on SCS is a Flap card ... as that was in my email last night I decided I would use my Frances Owl stamp to make one of those, you can find the tutorial here. These are fun and very easy to make.

I used my circle nestabilities to create my circles layers. The sentiment is normally in one line ... so I masked part of it while I stamped just the portions I needed on each line and then used a bookplate to attach it to my flap card.



Here is the inside of my flap card ... I haven't stamped anything inside as yet ... I will probably add a nice verse and maybe some flowers ... but for now I just wanted you guys to be able to see how this card looks when opened.

Recipe:
Stamps: Frances Owl & You're a Hoot - High Hopes Stamps
Papers: White; Chocolate Chip & Cameo Coral - SU; Floral DP - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Old Paper Distressed Ink; Circle Nestabilities; White Gel Pen; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Hodgepodge Hardware; CM Circle Cutter; Hook & Loop Tape; Foam Tape


13 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is so cool that you have a stamp named after you...and so you should! Great looking card!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

How very exciting for you, Frances! I'm sure you'll do great things with Frances owl! Cute card.

Shannon Tompkins said...

I got my High Hopes in the mail this week and I got your owl and sentiment as well. I'll make sure to use it soon.

Anonymous said...

how cool your VERY own owl - I love the card

Alyce said...

How exciting!!!!! This snowy owl loves Frances owl. I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for sharing.
Alyce
snowyowl@wi.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be such a pretty owl!!
This is totally adorable!!

Diane said...

Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Frances: So glad to see you have your "Frances Owl". You did a wonderful job with her. Thanks also for the idea of masking the sentiment to make it fit. Good idea.

Your faithful Blog reader,

Wendy Gorton

Ila said...

She is the Cutest! and your card is Fabulous!!

Julia Aston said...

How fun to have your own stamp - and she looks just like you (LOL!)

artystamper
www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Linda Carson said...

My oh my what big eyes your have!! What a fun stamp & card!

Shy said...

This is the cutest owl stamp! Need one! Love your card though. Never thought to use velcro on a card.

Melanie said...

wow, you've been busy ths past week, look at all the cool stuff you posted!! Congrats on your new namesake, that rocks!!