Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hollywood or Bust!

My card for today combines two Hanna challenges .... the first is one of the challenges that we had during the release party .... which was to 'create a card making the opening edge of your card at least 1/2" shorter then the back'. This was easy to do and even easier because I used my score it board so I didn't have to worry about measuring.

This also covers this week's weekly Hanna Challenge which was to use stripes ... we had to use stripes on our card in at least 2 places .... I just love this new DP I purchased last week .... it came in a pack and it all co-ordinates with each other and some of it is striped. I used the striped DP on the inside of the card and I also used the same DP to paper piece Hanna's top. To cover my bases I included a third striped element ... the ribbon!

I used my rectangle nestabilities to do the scalloped layers of both the main image and the sentiment ... both times cutting 2 pieces and joining so I could make it fit the size I needed. I also used my paper piercing mat & tool to paper pierce the bottom left corner.

Recipe:
Stamps: Passport Hanna - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; River Rock & Wasabi - SU; DP - Heidi Grace
Other: Black Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Wasabi Striped Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love the colors together. You do great work!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This is gorgeous Frances, great job!!

Diane said...

I love it!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Love it!!! Your coloring is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous colour combinations, love it all :)