Wednesday, April 23, 2008

G'day Mate!

Hi everyone .... my card today has an Aussie feel to it! This is for this week's sketch challenge on SCS, Roxie's sample today had her scene extend over to the panel behind the main image .. I really liked the look so I decided to do the same thing with my card.

To create my card I stamped 'Walkabout Wally' onto my white panel, I masked my image and also covered the top portion of the card with a piece of torn scrap paper and stamped the 'Jungle Background', I did this because I didn't want all the jungle leaves behind him just some grass.

I cut my background panel and used the same 'Jungle Background' to stamp on each side of the panel ... I didn't use the whole stamp just the same portion of the stamp on both sides of the panel ... I used tape to make the tree in the stamp as again I didn't want that part of the stamp appearing on my background. I stamped my sentiment on the right side of the background panel.

I also stamped the sentiment 'G'day Mate' all over the river rock panel using river rock ink.

Recipe:
Stamps: Walkabout Wally, Jungle Background & G'day Mate - High Hopes Stamps
Paper: White; Close to Cocoa; Wild Wasabi & River Rock - SU
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; River Rock SU Ink; Olive Brads; Foam Tape

7 comments:

kerri said...

oh wow Francis this is gorgeous. Think I can see another order going in at high hopes.

Debbie M said...

Wow this is soooo cute and your other cards are gorgeous also.

Debbie M

Tamara said...

very...very....cute
I love the extended scene behind Walkabout Wally.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

You did an amazing job on this, Frances! Did you use your Copics? I love it!

Renee said...

Oh this is just adorable! He is so cute and the colors around him and great! You did good on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is just soooo darn cute!!! I love these images and how you put it all together to create a scene. I also *love* how the Australians say G'day Mate! I love it even better when they say *the shrimp's on the barbie*, lol :) (not sure I spelled it right, though)

Heather "Hev" said...

How very very cute :)

Adorable :D