Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fishing for Birthday Wishes!

Riley is back again :) .... for this week's Hanna Stamps challenge over at the Hanna Stamps Member Forums of SCS. This week the challenge was to create a card for a male. Fishing Riley would be suitable for just about any male out there young or old ... isn't he cute!

I used my square nestabilities to create my scallop layer to my main image. I cuttlebugged the mustard panel using my tiny bubbles cuttlebug embossing folder and then sponged over the raised areas using mustard ink. My colors I used here are unusual for me ... garden green, more mustard & basic grey. I didn't have grey ribbon (I will fix that soon ;) ) .... so I colored my white grosgrain ribbon using my alcohol markers.

I stamped my sentiment onto green card and then punched out the star shape using my star punch .... I am so glad I ordered this punch as it is just great for sentiments for something different.

Recipe:
Stamps: Fishing Riley - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Garden Green, Basic Grey & More Mustard - SU
Other: Black Ink; More Mustard SU Ink; Star Punch; Square Nestabilities; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

5 comments:

SusanBluerobot said...

yes riley is soo cute. Love the card

Mary said...

Totally cute card! Love the inked up cuttlebug BG.

Mary

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Adorable!

Renee said...

Very cute male card! I love the texture and the coloring :)

Unknown said...

Riley is always adorable!