Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Aww - Nuts!

Hi everyone ... I have 2 cards to share with you all today. The first card is for this week's sketch challenge on SCS. This card is pretty self explanatory .... the best friends forever image is layered using the rectangle nestabilities. I also added 6 brads the top right corner ... in 2 columns.

Recipe:
Stamps: Best Friends Forever - Stamping Bella; Sentiment - MFT
Paper: White; Cool Caribbean, Wasabi, East Coast Prep DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Blue Brads; Wasabi Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape


This 2nd card is for this week's color challenge also on SCS. The colors to use this week are Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom & Basic Grey. As I have recently just received my basic grey card I decided I had to play in this challenge. I chose one of my High Hopes Elephants .... as I knew that would work well with the grey color. I also used my new long rectangle nestabilities set which I received this week ... I cut the scallop rectangle twice and joined it width wise but did cut some off the length to get it to the size I needed.

The image is stamped twice .. the second image I have cut out the head only and layered this over the other elephant using foam tape. It is hard to see by this photo ... the background of the blush blossom base card has the peanut stamp stamped all over it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Elepahant, Peanut & Sentiment - High Hopes Stamps
Paper: White; Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava & Basic Grey - SU
Other: Black Ink; Guava Grosgrain Ribbon; Long Rectangles Nestabilities; Foam Tape

8 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love these, Frances! The aww...nuts sentiment is perfect on that card!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

These are so, so, so cute!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. I like how you gave dimension to the elephant - sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Two fantastic cards! Have been reading your blog for a while and I have finally set up my own blog so I am able to leave a comment. The elephant is fab!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your cards are so beautiful and so professional. I love the colour combination for your "Aww-Nuts" card. Your colouring is fab. Nikki x

Sharon said...

Your cards are awesome. You have such great ideas!! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Cute...cute...cute!!!

Sarah said...

Fantastic!! I really love the elephant card! The new images from High Hopes are so cute!!

I love all your cards, you're an inspiration!

xx :0)