Saturday, March 8, 2008

Owl Thinking of You!

As most of you know by now I love owls so I have quite a collection of owl stamps ... and my wonderful friends I have help me to discover new owls and sometimes even send me owl stamps .... I received this one recently from my friend Kath .. thanks again Kath :) ... and when I saw this sketch for this weeks Beate's weekend sketch challenge I thought it was the perfect set to use.

This is quite a simple sketch compared to many but I enjoyed doing it .. I did change the panel the owl is on from a small rectangle to a circle ... I found this circle laying around on my desk and as it was the right size figured why not. I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss my cool caribbean panels and paper pierced the two left corners of the green panel.

Recipe:
Stamps: Owl & Sentiment - Studio G series 7
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip & Wild Wasabi - SU; Retro DP - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Circle Nestabilities; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Brown Brads; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, I LOVE your card! That Kath really is a sweet and thoughtful friend.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card!
Hugs and smiles

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your little owl stamp, Frances! I love your new embossing folders and also your paper piercing. Nice!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, love the colors!
I have that owl stamp, too, havent used it yet though....:)

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute!! Love it all--colors, image,everything!! Great job!!

Jessica Smith said...

Such a cute card. Love it all and that stamp is just too cute.

Jen said...

Love this color combo, of course the owl finishes it off perfectly!

Corie said...

This is just beautiful -- especially love your colors!!