Monday, March 31, 2008

MFTeaser ... Mother's Day!

Are you ready for some MFTeasers this week?? My Favorite Things will be releasing 2 new sets this Wednesday 2nd April ... the card above features stamps from the new "Happy Mother's Day" set.

I created this card for this week's MFT sketch challenge found on the MFT member forums on SCS. I stamped the square image 4 times to create this card ... twice on white card, once on the yellow DP and once on the olive card. I cut out the inside square and layered this onto the olive piece..... I then cut out the dress only from the yellow DP and layered that over the dress on the white card ... and finally cut out the arms, pot & flowers and attached them over the DP. I also colored the white area of the square blue. This was all then layered onto a yellow scallop square which I created using square nestabilities. The flowers on the corners of the square image were colored using my spica pens which are also available from MFT.

I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to create the dots on the lavender piece. The scallops along the bottom of the card on the yellow panel was created using my corner rounder.

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, April 2 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Mother's Day Set - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Lavender Lace; So Saffron & Certainly Celery - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Oval Punch; Square Nestabilities; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Spica Pens; Corner Rounder; Flower; Green Brad

9 comments:

Kristi said...

very nice card,

Linda SS said...

I love this card & the dotted swiss folder really was the perfect setting for it. The Hanna tool card is so cute too:)

Kim said...

Oh I just love MFT stamps and your card is just gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely Mothers Day card!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. Have you ever heard of SquidNote? It's a free group greeting card site where you can have a bunch of people sign a card. Perfect for mother's day! You can even add a gift card for everybody to contribute to.

http://www.squidnote.com

Cheers!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sweet card!! Very clever with the paper piecing, too.

Linda Carson said...

Jumping up & down anxious to see this set! Cool card to "tease" us Frances!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

really nice mother's day graphic card :)