Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blooms with Delight!


This card is for this weeks MFT sketch challenge on the MFT Members Forum on SCS. This sketch is a little different in some ways ... for one the main image is divided and the sentiment runs down the card rather than across. So I had to think about this one for a little bit until I worked out what I could do and stay in line with the sketch. I am very happy with the end result!

To start I stamped the vase of flowers from MFT's "Bundle of Bouquets" set and I also stamped the scroll from " Boho Blossoms" at the top of the panel using chocolate chip SU ink. I used my cuttlebug die to create the lattice piece which I used to divide the panel .... adding a couple of olive brads on each end of the lattice piece.

The sentiment is also from "Bundle of Bouquets" .... which is actually in 3 lines but I stamped it on this card so it appears in 1 line.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Bundle of Bouquets & Boho Blossoms - My Favorite Things
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip, More Mustard & Old Olive; Scarlett Letter DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Lattice Cuttlebug Die; Petaloo Flower; Brown Brad; Olive Brad; Brown Flower Brad

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!

Artseyanne said...

Love you work Frances!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beutiful Frances!!! Love the cb piece, the vertical sentiment, the colors....everything!! Awesome card!

Elaine said...

So nice! How did you get the lattice to stay down - is it glued? I love the effect!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great card for your MFT sketch challenge, nice way to use your Cuttlebug die, I like the colors you put together too.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful Frances. I had a hard time with that challenge..you did a very nice job..

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors.

Linda Carson said...

PERFECT! I wouldn't change a thing!