Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just Mucking About!

I have a friend who likes pigs and who is celebrating her birthday this month so I made this card for her. Most of the images for this card are from the new set "Punny Farm" to be released by My Favorite Things on the 9th January.

For this card I decided that the girl in this scene also like pigs ... so much that she even dresses to co ordinate with the pig ... hehehe ... hence all the pink & black! Both the girl and the pig were stamped onto the card using black ink, I stamped these images again onto scrap paper to create a mask and placed this over both images. I then stamped the grass (It's a Jungle Out There) along the bottom of the card using olive pastel fluid chalk and sponged the sky using my cloud template. I removed my masks to color the images .... the shirt of the girl was stamped onto some DP and cut out and paper pieced onto the girl.

To make my nestabilites fit the size I needed for this scene .. I cut out 2 rectangle nestabilities from the pink card and then overlapped the scallops to make the size I needed. If you haven't tried this yet it is pretty easy to do and because you are laying over the top of the scallop shape it is pretty hard to find the join. I sponged black ink around the edges of the scallops and all the other pink layers on this card. To create the background for this card I just randomly stamped the "oink" stamp all over the pink card using black ink.

The layout I used here is a Mojo Monday Sketch challenge that I found over at Poetic Artistry's Blog.

My Favorite Things will be hosting a New Release Cocktail Party tonight (January 9th) from 9-11 pm EASTERN time. There will be sneak peeks, lots of fun and a chance to become MFT’s next Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum at SCS for more details.

Recipe: Stamps: Punny Farm & It's a Jungle Out There - My Favorite Things
Paper: White; Black; Pretty In Pink & Regal Rose - Stampin' Up
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk; Rectangle Nestabilities; Black Brads; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute!

Unknown said...

Its adorable! This is so you! great job!