Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Howdy!

It has been one of those days today ..... it started off with the cat bringing in a mouse which was still alive so I had to get my DH to come back so that could be sorted out ... thank goodness he wasn't available to come back or I am not sure what I would have done there ...arghhhhhhhhh.

And then to top things off .... my modem died! Fortunately DH and I were able to go out this afternoon and buy a new one so that drama was short lived ... but even so it was an inconvenience and put many of the plans I had to do today on hold.

But today is sketch challenge day ... and fortunately now I have access to the internet again I was able to check out what todays sketch was on SCS. A nice simple one ... which is just what I needed today!

There were some good things that happened today ... and that included receiving some stamps that I had ordered ... one lot I had ordered just before Christmas so I was very relieved to see them turn up and the other was the Cowboy & Indians sets from The Cat's Pajamas ... which I just couldn't resist when they were released last week. So of course I had to use one of my new stamps on my card I created today.

I used my oval nestabilities to create the layers for my little cowboy. All the papers used in this card come from the At Home Simply Scrappin' Kits.


Recipe:
Stamps: Havin' a Pow Wow & It's a Western Thing Sets - The Cat's Pajamas
Papers: White; Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp & DP from At Home Simply Scrappin' Kits
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Brown Brads; Oval Nestabilities; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a day you're having! Hope all is well now :)

This card is just too darn cute!! I really love the colors, too.

Unknown said...

I'm glad your mouse issue got taken care of. Your card is wonderful, I really like that DP!