Thursday, January 10, 2008

Be Mine!

This is a very simple card using a combination of stamps from 2 of the latest sets to be released by My Favorite Things this Wednesday 9th January. The layout for this card was taken from a sketch challenge I found on Kurtis' Stampin' Kub Blog.

The sets used on this card are Happy Occasions, Be Mine & also It's Elemental ... the first 2 are the ones which are new.

I stamped the frame (Happy Occasions) onto white card using black ink and embossed it and then I cut out the frame. I also used my hole punch to punch out all the holes that are in the design around the scallop. I also used the heart with arrow from the same set and stamped that in the middle of the frame using red ink for all but the arrow portion of the image. The heart in this set is plain and I guess I could have left it that way .... but I decided I would use one of the sweetheart hearts (Be Mine) from the other set and layered this over the solid heart using foam tape. This was all then layered to the top of the card over the strip made from black and red layers.

I created two rows of piercing along the bottom of my card using my paper piercing mat & too and between the piercing I stamped the xxxxxx border (It's Elemental) .... I figured this looked like a lot of kisses ..... perfect for a Valentines Day Card ;) . And finally the verse (Be Mine) was stamped just above the top row of piercing.

My Favorite Things will be hosting a New Release Cocktail Party on tonight (January 9th) from 9-11 pm EASTERN time. There will be sneak peeks, lots of fun and a chance to become MFT’s next Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum at SCS for more details.

Recipe: Stamps: Be Mine; Happy Occasions & It's Elemental
Paper: White; Black & Real Red
Other: Black Ink; Black Brads; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Hole Punch; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Heather said...

So wonderful! Love the colors! Perfect card...

Unknown said...

Its so simple yet so striking!