Monday, October 8, 2007

Watch Where You're Flying That Thing!

Well it is time for another challenge with my CCEE friends on SCS. When we were given this challenge we were told that it often snows on Halloween night in Colorado. So with this in mind we had to make a Halloween card which incorporated something snowy on it eg snowflakes, snowmen, snowflake brads, etc etc. Oh and the final request was that it had to be primary purple and orange!!!!!!!!

I sure hope my card fits all the requirements ..... there is purple and orange on it ..... I stamped a snowman, purple snowflakes on the background panel, snowflake eyelets that I coloured purple using alcohol ink and glitter snow on the ground.

A few months ago I ordered this witch image when I ordered from Eat Cake Graphics .... I had a feeling that sooner or later I would need a Halloween related stamp esp seeing I have started doing challenges with my CCEE friends ...... and this one I couldn't resist! As I have said previously we don't celebrate Halloween here in Australia ...... the shops are selling some Halloween related stuff at present and there are a few people who do trick or treat ... but they are in the minority here ....... I haven't had anyone knock on my door at Halloween for a few years. But I will make sure I have something just in case!

Anyway when I stamped my witch I had to work out how on earth I could incorporate that with snow when I remembered this snowman ...... I figured he might look like she had knocked him down while she was flying and crashed into the tree.

I stamped my snowflake background using wisteria fluid chalk and added the two snowflake brads that I colored using alcohol inks first. The orange panel was stamped using large spider web stamp in black.

I didn't want to just add the verse (which I created using the computer) by layering so I found an orange grommet and added that to my card and attached the verse under this. I guess it could be an orange moon ......... if you can have purple snow I can't see why you can't have an orange moon right ;)

Anyway I had fun creating this card ........ I hope you enjoy it too!


Recipe:
Stamps: Witch - Eat Cake Graphics; Snowman - Cowtown Stamps; Web - alota Rubber Stamps; Snowflake B/G - Stampendous
Paper: White; Black; Orange
Other: Black Ink; Wisteria Fluid Chalk; Snowflake Eyelets; Orange Grosgrain Ribbon; Orange Grommet; Glitter; Foam Tape

13 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card, it is fantstic, that snowman is just too cute, perfect.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card! What a cute idea! I never would have thought of something like that....

Michele Kovack said...

You are sooooo clever! I love this card!

Anonymous said...

too cute! love the coloring!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh....too cute! Just what I needed for a Monday morning! ;)

Diane said...

Oh my this is a wonderful idea,it always snows here in Ontario as well on Halloween.Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You nailed this challenge...I LOVE this card!

Anonymous said...

Frances, this is a great card. It made me wish that we had halloween and snow. Maryann

Monica-FC said...

I love it. soooo cute.

Ashley said...

LOL~~~ I totally just laughed OUT LOUD!!! That is so FUNNY and CUTE! LOL!!! Hugs to you! Ash~

michelle sturgeon said...

What a great card! Too funny!

Lindsayb-mo said...

I LOVE this card! It is so cute!

Hugs,
Lindsay
thebuttercupcottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Frances, this is just tooo freakin' perfect. You nailed the challenge in all the ways set forth by your CCEE friends.
Way to go!