Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hoo's Having A Birthday?

Oh not me btw!!!!! I have to wait till next year before I can have another one. I don't wanna age too quickly and have more than one a year ;)

Gina K is releasing some new stamp designs today and also announcing a new designer ...... the owl and the verse in both these cards are by this designer, knowing that I am an owl lover, the designer of these stamps sent me the owl stamps so I could have a play with the new stamps . Whoot fun!!!!!

So who is the new designer???? well I am allowed to tell you now as Gina has officially made the announcement on her site ...... it is Carolyn King aka Cammie on SCS. Cammie is one of the girls I do the Monday challenges with each week! To see the new owl stamps and all the other stamps being released today visit Gina K stamps at The Stamping Freak.


For both my cards I decided to play around with some of my scenery stamps .... it has been a while since I have played with some of these stamps so it was good to get them out and ink them. The top one, I used a sketch I found this week on Captain Crafter's blog. I had seen this sketch earlier in the day and printed it out to play with so when I received my owl stamps that afternoon I was pleased to have an opportunity to play with this sketch. I stamped the owl first on this card and then masked it and used my stamp positioner to stamp the log.


Here is another card I made using the same owl stamp and verse .... I do like it when you have a verse that matches an image as is the case here .... I have wanted a "Hoo's having a birthday" stamp for soooo long and finally have it now!

Recipes: Owl on Log: Stamps: Owl & Verse - Gina K Designs; Log - Fern Gully Stamps; Weathered Wood & Leaf B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms Paper: Old Olive - Stampin' Up; Caramel XL card; White; Black Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Dark Moss & Burnt Sienna Fluid Chalks; Black Brads; Foam Tape
Owl on Tree Stump: Stamps: Owl & Verse - Gina K Designs; Tree Stump - Bugawamps; Clouds - Mostly Animals; Grass - Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers Paper: Cranberry Crisp - Stampin' Up; Caramel XL Card; White; Black Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Black Brads; Foam Tape

10 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

oh, how cute!

Anonymous said...

Just love how you played around with your scenery stamps! Awesome job!

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Unknown said...

These are adorable! How lucky are you to have a super friend who designs Owl stamps.

Anonymous said...

Love these little owl cards! Hope you have a "Whoooo's thinking of you" stamp and so you can get more mileage out of your cute little owl. :)

Michele Kovack said...

These are wonderful and so very you!!!

Rose Ann said...

Adorable...and how exciting that you were able to get those stamps a bit earlier! ;)

SusanBluerobot said...

Love this owl stamp and how you used him

Anonymous said...

What adorable cards!!! I just LOVE this owl stamp!

Anonymous said...

These owl cards are so darn cute!!

Carolyn King said...

Frances...you are so creative. I LOVE these cards--and I am THRILLED that you are sending them to me--happy dance!
hugs, girl!