Friday, July 20, 2007

Weekend Happenings

This weekend will be a pretty busy weekend for me. First up I have to attend the Stamping, Scrapbooking & Papercrafts Marathon which is an annual event to raise money for a worth cause. The event is organised by Southside Stampers Inc and this year the money raised from this event will go to Australian Leukodystrophy Support Group to help purchase wheelchairs for children.

There will be make & takes throughout the day, lots of opportunities to buy new stamps and other products from the various retailers, 2nd hand stamps and lots more! If you live in the Brisbane area why not come along for part or all of the day. For more info visit Marathon Mania.

SmileyCentral.com


Saturday is also the day Harry Potter fans throughout the world can pick up the 7th and final book in this series. Last Friday night I went to see the latest movie which I enjoyed. The book is available in Australia at 9.01am (a much more convenient time then some countries). I won't be able to pick up our copy of the book as I have other commitments with the marathon, fortunately my daughter will be picking it up for us and when I get home I guess there won't be much stamping being done until that book is read. It doesn't take me long to get it read - in the past I have been able to read it in a weekend, and that is even sharing the book with my daughter. I am hoping I can do the same this time round - so if you don't hear from me you know why. But I do hope to pop in and post something for you to see during the weekend.

SmileyCentral.com

To any other Harry Potter fans out there - happy reading!

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

How wonderful, stamping and scraping allf or a worthy cause. Yes, we will all be busy in the states on Saturday purchasing the new Harry Potter book, although I am not yet finished with the last one, I better get busy