Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Magic Just For You!

It has been some years since I have made a magic card, so when I discovered that was what this weeks "learn a new technique" over at SCS was I just had to make one. Rather than use my old pattern for this card I decided to follow Beate's tutorial on SCS - it is created a little differently to what I would normally have done it - but both ways work fine. Sorry about the top photo, unfortunately no matter what I try the light is casting shadows through the acetate onto the white card when I attempt to take a photo.

For my magic card I decided to use my carpenter stamps I purchased a while ago from High Hope Rubber Stamps, as my DH's background is carpentry I just had to have them! The wooden background is stamped onto Creamy Caramel card using dark brown fluid chalk. I also used tiny screw brads in the bottom right hand corner for the card and also on the 'just for you' sign. The pull tab at the top of the card is made using the tab punch.

Magic cards are fun as when the card is closed the main image is just in black and then when you open it up it magically appears in color. You can also add extra elements to your card is you want to. For my inside I masked the boy and stamped my shadow to help ground him and then I made a reverse mask of the shadow and stamped some wood grain in the shadow to help keep with the theme of the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Wood b/g, boy, box of nails - High Hopes Stamps; Sign - Lucy's Stamps; Woodgrain cute - Stampendous
Papers: Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie - SU; White
Other: Black Ink; Dark Brown Fluid Chalk; Creamy Caramel SU ink; Acetate; Tab Punch; Fiskars oval template & cutter; screw brads; brown eyelet.

9 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a cool idea! You never cease to amaze me!!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is just the coolest card EVAH!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

I think you Rock! Love your work. I tagged you as a Rockin Blogger. Your work really inspires me. Chris

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! All your efforts paid off - it is just adorable - and magical!!!

Corie said...

This is the best technique -- love it. This card is fantastic.

SusanBluerobot said...

love this card the stamp is soo cute and wanted to tell you that i worked out the playing card box so i am soo happy now too

Rose Ann said...

Your magic card is so cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This card ROCKS! I am just lovin' the High Hopes Stamps...great job!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Frances, this card really IS magical! I'll have to look on the SCS site for the tutorial to see how the magic is created - what a neat technique!!! Your art is stunning!