Saturday, May 12, 2007

2 Challenges, Same Image

When I discovered that Julia's 'Ways to use it " challenge on SCS was using coaster this week, I immediately thought of making a coaster box. Recently while I was searching for something else I needed for another project I found some long lost coasters I must have had for ages (way before they became the "in" thing) which I had forgotten I even had LOL. I am not sure where I got these from possibly something my DH bought home - but I could be wrong.

I've used this paper for a few things now and I do like it even better it is a really cheap paper - I found it in a pack of 10 or 12 sheets for $2 (there are 2 sheets of this particular paper). I got another pack a few days ago so I could keep using it. I guess I will have to use the others in the pack tooo sometime LOL! I only just had enough yellow ribbon to do the lacing at the sides, I couldn't even tie a bow it had to be a knot! As the paper had teal in it I went with teal for the scallop circle and of course as I had new stamps to play with I choice this cute doggy.

I just adore this little dog, I saw it on a card on SCS for a sketch challenge recently, it is actually that person I should thank for making me purchase the MissyB Designs stamps. This dog reminds me of my grand puppy, Oscar as he has patches over him (but he is actually white and brown) and also of my dog, Buddy who often has his tongue sticking out just a tiny bit (not quite so much as this image does). Buddy looks so cute with his tongue out, and I am sooo glad I have him as we thought we were going to have to lose him a few months ago.

I think I will keep this on my desk to hold the tools I use all the time.

While I was finishing of my coaster box, the limited supply challenge was posted by Jen on SCS. The theme was "Wide Open Spaces" - nothing to do with the Dixie Chicks! Our wide open space on our card could not contain any stamped images, dry embossing, patterned paper or embellishment, and there should be a lot of open space on our cards. We could use any images, papers, colors and embellishments on our cards as long as they weren't in the wide open spaces. Arghhhhhhhh - no background stamps, no cuttlebug (what no cuttlebug!!!!!).

Anyway I had spare paper left over from the coaster box, so I decided to use that and my little doggy again. Oh and i had to include the woof which also comes on the plate with the dog, I think woof means hello in doggy language for this card anyway LOL.

Recipe:
Stamps: Dog and Verse - MissyB Designs
Papers: Background paper - unknown; Teal; Yellow; White
Other: Coasters; Scallop circle punch; circle punch; Tab punch - SU; yellow brads



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these boxes!! I have been eyeing these MissyB stamps for a while now...I think you've just talked me into buying some! Your colors are fabulous! TFS!

Bethany Paull said...

I love your coaster box. I've never seen one with the dividers inside like this. Great idea!