Friday, April 13, 2007

To the Bride & Groom


The daughter of a very good friend of mine is getting married at the end of this month, so I needed to make a wedding card to give to here. I have been thinking about it for a few weeks now but hadn't gotten around to actually making it; the only thing I had decided on was that I wanted to use one of my cuttlebug embossing folders (they make a card look soooo elegant), and I wanted it to be blue and silver as that is the colors they have chosen for the wedding. The silver card I had wasn't the right silver for this so I had to go with 2 colors of blue and then adding the silver to the white card and also in the brads and ribbon. After making my other 2 cards using this weeks sketch challenge on SCS, I knew I had to make the wedding card using that sketch as it lends itself to elegance. I just love this image of the bride & groom, I have had this one for years and it was fun to get it out and play again with it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bride & Groom - Precious Moments stamps by Stampendous; French Flair - Stampin' Up
Papers: Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black ink; Silver Encore Ink; Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Ticket Corner Punch - SU; ribbon; silver pearl brads

3 comments:

Kristine said...

*GASP* Oh My Gosh!! This is sooo adorable!! I Love Precious Moments...my daughter now uses my PM picture Bible that I grew up with. AWE...what a great card :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW - great card! I love the colors. I'll have to try that sketch challenge - it's interesting.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Perfect card!