Saturday, April 28, 2007

Stampbord Lighthouse

A couple of months ago when I was at a local stamp convention I purchased a product called stampbord. For those asking what on earth is stampbord, it is has a clay covered surface, that you can cover will any type of ink, paint etc. You then stamp your image onto the stampbord and using a special scratch tool you then scratch off areas that you wish to be highlighted. I didn't purchase the scratch tool at the time so hadn't gotten round to playing, but I did finally get the scratch tool this week so thought it was time to play! BTW that is a piece of undecorated stampbord lying at the bottom of the photo. For this piece I colored my stampbord using 3 different colors of fluid chalks, I started with french blue all over and then azurite around the edge leaving the middle uninked and finally blue iris just around the very edge. I used the colorbox stylus kit to help blend my colors. I then stamped my image by placing my stamp upside down and placing my stampbord on the part of the stamp I wanted. Allow this to dry and then scratch away at the areas I wanted highlighted. I was quite happy with my first attempt. I decided to use this piece like a spotlight. My background papers underneath were created using the same color inks using the dtp (direct to paper) method and then over stamping my wave stamp using my darkest color over the top. I love this wave stamp I use it soooo often for backgrounds when I am doing beach themes. By the way, if you want more info on stampboard you can find it on this site.

Recipe:
Stamps: Coast to Coast - Stampin' Up; Waves - Print Blocks (Aust)
Paper: White; Black; Brocade Blue - Stampin' Up
Other: French Blue, Azurite & Blue Iris Fluid Chalks; Black Ink; Stampbord, Scratch tool; blue brads

4 comments:

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS!! What a neat technique...I haven't been inspired lately at all to use this set, but I sure might after this! :) Of course, it won't turn out nearly as beautiful as this!! I love your work!!

Linda McClain said...

I was just at Scrapbook Expo in Austin today and saw the same demo. I was so impressed, all lined up and ready to purchase but this vendor didn't take cash or Discover card. Dang, now I'm really disappointed. This is absolutely gorgeous. Okay . . . gotta find someone who carries these now.

Michele Kovack said...

This is a gorgeous card! WOW!

Deborah said...

Now that is a gorgeous card~!! Very nicely done.