Sunday, April 29, 2007

Stampbord Bird

I am still playing with my stampbord, I am loving playing with this . See my post from yesterday for more information on this product. I created this card for the limited supply challenge. The theme this week was Masculine Cards, the catch was we were to use stamps which we wouldn't usually consider masculine and turn it into a masculine card - I hope I have achieved that here. I decided using the stampbord would help with the masculine look, not that stampbord is only suitable for male type cards, far from it. I colored the stampbord by inking with 3 different shades of green fluid chalks starting with the lightest and building up the colors around the edge till I had the color I wanted. After stamping my image on the stampbord I used my scratch tool to remove areas of ink to get the white effect seen here.

I decided I wanted to use a bird image so selected the one from Garden Collage that I have had for some time and of course I just had to play with at least one of my new stamps I received yesterday - so well worn words was selected for the background, I really like this background and can see me using it often. The birthday greeting is also from a new set - and was selected for no other reason other than that is was really the only suitable verse stamp I had in my new sets and as they were sitting behind me it was easier than looking for something else. It fitted where I wanted it to go so why not use it. I wanted something different on the bottom right hand side of the card for the greeting and I have been seeing a few other people using the tab punch unfolded for this purpose so I selected that punch and my oval punch I have (slightly bigger than the SU one), I am happy with the look and use this option again.

Recipe:
Stamps: Garden Collage, Well Worn Words, Canvas, Eat Cake - Stampin' Up
Paper: Always Artichoke - Stamping Up; White
Other: Lime Pastel, Olive Pastel & Warm Green Fluid Chalks; Black Ink; Olive Brads; Tab Punch - Stampin' Up; Oval Punch - Emaginations; Stampbord; Scratch Tool

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Gorgeous and very well done.