Friday, April 27, 2007

Flashback Friday

I have decided that each Friday I will do something I am going to call "Flashback Friday". For this I will feature some cards I have made a while ago but haven't featured either on my blog or my gallery on SCS. As I have been stamping for such a long time I have a ton of artwork that I have created sitting in my computer and I would like to share some of it with you.

Sometimes the cards I show each Friday will feature one particular company, eg: today cards I am sharing were stamped using at least one or more stamps from a stamp company called Darcies Rubber Stamps. When I create a card I normally don't worry whether I mixed stamps from various different companies, if I think it will work with that particular card then I will use it. Often stamps from different companies can be mixed and match. The only time I wouldn't do this is if I was making a sample for a company who would prefer me to only use their stamps which does happen at times, I must admit though that I hate using just one companies stamps on a card, it limits what I can do.

Because some of these cards were made some time ago, there may be some stamps which are no longer available. I am still going to feature those cards, because I believe that often you can adapt an idea using other stamps that are available.

Stamps used in Boy with Bike Card: Boy - Darcie's Rubber Stamps; Bike - Ann-ticipations; Grass - Stamp It (Aust); Greeting - Print Blocks
Stamps used in Bowling Card: Bowling Bear & Verse - Darcies Rubber Stamps; Bowling Pins: Handmade by Me (that's a stamp company not me!)
Stamps used in Castle Card: Bears - Darcie's Rubber Stamps; Bricks - Stamp It (Aust); Ivy - Lucy's Stamps.
Stamps used in Bear in Chair Card: Bear & Gumball Machine - Darcie's Rubber Stamps; Ball Dress - The Artful Stamper; Wood Texture - Stampendous
I created the lamp for this card using the bottom section of the gumball machine for the base and the bottom section of the ball dress for the lamp shade.
Stamps used in Hotair Balloon Card: Bears in Hotair Balloon - Darcie's Rubber Stamps; Clouds - Art Impressions; Tree Scenery - CC Rubber Stamps; Grass in front - Posh; Verse - alota rubber stamps; Birds - Rubber Stampede

The balloon part of this card was stamped onto white card 5 times and colored, I then scored each balloon in half and attach one half of one to the other to create a 3D effect.

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I get to be first to comment....You are so talented and creative! What a great job on all the cards! Where did you get the idea for the square card with the "thing" sticking out of the top? Seen some other people with those...do you know the dimensions?

Deborah said...

Wow~!! I just looooooooove your castle card ( and others ). So detailed. Awesome work.

Alli Miles said...

You are a phenomenal stamper. I am such a fan of your work. I am always anxious to see what you come up with on SCS during the daily challenges. I sure hope you are the FS soon cause I would love to learn a thing or two from you during a CASE.
Alli