Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And now for the Box!

Yesterday I posted my Happy Harmony Accordion book that I learnt how to make from Craft TV Weekly. Last night I decided to have a go at making the box. I wanted my box to look fairly similar to my book, trying to match up my SU card I used was a little difficult but I did discover a pack of plain scrapbook paper I purchased ages ago and hadn't used, I knew they would come in handy one day. I can tell you the box wasn't as easy to create as the book was, for this box the lid and the bottom are each folded a different way, I think because then you can still use the same size paper but you get your different sizes so the lid fits easily over the bottom. Being able to watch the webisode was of some help, but I did still keep getting stuck at that last fold to create the corner, whether it was that I was also chatting with friends online I am not sure. Anyway not one for giving up, I found some more paper to make my bottom and set to to follow those instructions, they were much easier to follow and easier to create my corner I needed. With that success I went back to try the lid and this time "got" it! I think making the bottom first helped to work out what I was doing wrong on the lid. The flower on the top of the box was made using the cuttlebug flower die, I was given this for Easter and this was the first time I used it. I wanted it to look something like the flower on the front of the book, which is why I stuck to the one color, I also scrunched up the flower before assembling it.













Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Harmony - Stampin' Up
Papers: Patterned - Me & My Big Ideas; Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up; White; Typhoon Bazzill card
Other: Marvy Brush Markers #17 & 96; blue grosgrain ribbon; flower cuttlebug die; blue brad

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You did a wonderful job with that! Thank you for posting it - I would have missed that episode otherwise. I get an email every Friday but I didn't get it last week and don't know why. Karen Thomas does some cool stuff!

Kristine said...

I am in awe!! I just watched that webisode and was so motivated to get some c.s. cut and try this!! Question...did you use cardstock or printed paper? Hers looks like she used origami paper which is much thinner than cardstock. I only have c.s. and when I fold it, it's cracking. :( ANYWAY, if you have a link to some gorgeous papers that are thinner, let me know please! :) I'm so excited to try the box now. THANKS so much for posting. Yours is gorgeous!! I've never watched a webisode before! That's so cool that you can pause it as you're working!